Wing Locker water leak – C340

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Wing Locker water leak – C340

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rstanley
    Participant

Good Morning All,
      I have a water/rain “leak” in my left wing locker that I can not find
      Has anybody had that problem
      Thanks
      Richard

Hi Richard,

I had the same problem on my 421 when we bought it, we replaced the gasket and that solved it. If water is pooling i would make sure the drain is installed correctly and not blocked. You don’t want the carpet getting wet and staying damp as that would cause corrosion in that area.

rstanley
      Participant

Thanks Tim
        I will try that but I do not see any teltale sign of water through the gasket
        Richard

How do you get the old gasket off? Mine leak but they are glued on pretty good

rwelsh
        Participant

The only way I know to remove the stuck on gasket is to brush a small amount of MEK on any area that will pull up. Then pull up and brush more MEK as that loosens the glue. Messy and smelly so do it in the open with no flame around. This is how you remove deicer boots also.

quote RWELSH:

The only way I know to remove the stuck on gasket is to brush a small amount of MEK on any area that will pull up. Then pull up and brush more MEK as that loosens the glue. Messy and smelly so do it in the open with no flame around. This is how you remove deicer boots also.

Some other tips: You can also pull it off and scotch-brite it down – but this is messy too. Nitrile gloves work well with most solvents but offer little to no protection with MEK. Be careful you don’t get MEK on the paint either.

Eric

Thanks for the tips!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.