Why Didn’t "Chancellor" Stick?

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics Why Didn’t "Chancellor" Stick?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

It seems like “Golden Eagle” gets used on frequency fairly often, but I rarely hear “Chancellor”. When and if I ever buy a 414A do I call it “Twin Cessna” or “Chancellor”?

Both are accurate, call it whatever you want. ๐Ÿ™‚

I hear chancellor every now and then. I also wonder how many they would vs. 421s. 310s and 340s don’t have any fancy names, either, and 310s make up more of the fleet.

When I had my 414 I called it a Chancellor. It’s a great name that distinguishes it from other planes.

I’m always tempted to call the 310 “Sky King” on the radio. Too bad that name never stuck. I never figured out why the 320 was “Skyknight” but the 310 never got a name.

Well, we can name them. We have the right to do so. We are the “The Twin Cessna Flyer”.
    Let the controllers start learning. ๐Ÿ˜›

Any ideas for the 300s?

sworley
    Participant

I can’t help but say “Chancellor” in a stuffy English accent.

Wasn’t it called Song Bird, but I like Sky King.

I’d thought that Songbird was the name of the specific plane, just like our 310 is named Sugar Pop (N488SP). Either way, I think Sky King echos more of the classic history of the 310.

For the 340, I have no good ideas.

Chancellor with my tail number is a tongue twister so i just say cessna or twin cessna. I do the same thing in 421’s though instead of golden eagle and I cant explain why.

One of my buddies, when flying the local rental Warrior, would call it a “Piper”. That’s anything from a J3 to a Meridian, and all the twins in between. I, OTOH, always use “Cherokee” since everybody knows what to look for. For that reason, my 310 was always a “Twin Cessna”…. Everybody on the frequency knew what to look for. Just don’t call me a “Citation” ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

A friend of mine flies a Citation Sovereign. I always jokingly call it a Twin Cessna. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mine is not a 414A but when I file it always puts me in as a chancellor so that is what I call myself now.

Which do you file with, Kelly? DUATS?

quote RENRIQUEZ:

Well, we can name them. We have the right to do so. We are the “The Twin Cessna Flyer”.
      Let the controllers start learning. ๐Ÿ˜›

Any ideas for the 300s?

I love my CRUSADER

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.