Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Wemac blower

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

In this months issue of the flyer, there was a letter concerning the wemac blower under the floor. Do all 340s come with this when they are equipped with factory air or is it an option?Mine does not have the switch for it on the panel and the a/c certainly could use the extra push this should generate.

rwelsh
    Participant
      quote :

In this months issue of the flyer, there was a letter concerning the wemac blower under the floor. Do all 340s come with this when they are equipped with factory air or is it an option?Mine does not have the switch for it on the panel and the a/c certainly could use the extra push this should generate.

Only post 1975 340s have the wemac blower. The earlier 340s had a different system.

My 340 is a 79 model, but doesn’t have the control switch on the panel shown in the poh. Looks like something i need to look into, as the blower may not be installed.

I also have a 1978 340A, and am not aware of the blower or switch. What is it labeled as?

I have a 1979 C340A that came from the factory with the WEMAC blower. Control switch is next to the heater controls below the right control wheel. Is a 3 position affair, off, low and high. Have had to replace the blower motor once over the past 10 years and 1200 hours. As I recall it cost about $1000.

Do I use it much? Yes, all the time. It is turned on low immediately after the first engine starts and left on for the duration. The outlets in the ceiling have individual flow and direction controls. Pax are quite familiar with them as they are similar to those in Boeing aircraft.

In halfway reasonable weather, the WEMAC is all that I use for cabin ventilation. But, the airplane came with the after market DC driven AC pump in the nose, with AC vent outlets down the center of the ceiling. It is a truly rare day, for the cabin to remain hot if the AC system fan is on high, and the WEMAC also on.

Kevin Ware, ATP
      RSTOL, RAM VII, C340A

Kevin,
      That is how my POH shows the switch, however my plane is a 79 model also, but the switch is absent, and it appears it was never there. We go in for annual last of the month, guess we will find out then if their is a blower under the floor or not. I was just wondering if this was an option or if it should be there and but has been removed.

Lee

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.