Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics Weather…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Grr. Plane is back together with new engines, ceilings wouldn’t budge above 2,000 today. No thanks, after a double engine change definitely want more ceiling than that for the first flight.

Oh well, hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow.

May I ask who did your overhauls?

As for weather, I’m thinking our latest snow storm, now past, is headed your way… Winter Storm “Draco”, according to the Weather Channel? What, we’re naming snow storms now? 😯

My 520’s are coming up on TBO (1400). The plan is to get a couple hundred more hours and do them one at a time, first one with any “indication” goes first.

The engines were done by Zephyr Engines in Florida. I can tell you this much – the plane’s got some insane power now. More speed, better efficiency. Just some well-built engines.

True Airspeed was 185-190 on ~26-27 gph combined. Whee!!! :mrgreen:

Not bad for a 310.

quote TDUPUIS:

The engines were done by Zephyr Engines in Florida. I can tell you this much – the plane’s got some insane power now. More speed, better efficiency. Just some well-built engines.

True Airspeed was 185-190 on ~26-27 gph combined. Whee!!! :mrgreen:

Not bad for a 310.

Zephyr is a good shop by all accounts on other forums. Just too far from me! I’ll be hauling mine to a shop in the back of my truck.
    Glad you got to fly today. Winter can be fun… 🙂

quote RCLOVER:

Zephyr is a good shop by all accounts on other forums. Just too far from me! I’ll be hauling mine to a shop in the back of my truck.
    Glad you got to fly today. Winter can be fun… 🙂

Well, shipping isn’t a bad deal. They pay it one way. Our local shop is Signature, and I won’t let them touch my engines with a 10 ft pole. Of course, everyone has their own preferences and philosophies on engine overhauls.

Winter flying can be fun. I like the performance. I like the ice less.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.