Underseat storage drawers

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics Underseat storage drawers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Who in the group has or knows of under seat storage drawers?

Any pictures, info, likes or dislikes are appreciated.

Thanks!

I have 2 under seat storage drawers in my 340, installed by a previous owner. They are under the two right side passenger seats. They are useful with small tools,batteries and other pilot supplies in the front one and umbrella, flashlight napkins,aircraft paperwork etc. in the rear one. They don`t weigh much and are handy for me and my family.

Jim,

I will try to post a pic of mine tomorrow. They are not “drawers” but made of fabric.

I bought them at Target and they fit perfectly under the seats. They have a pull handle so they are easy to slide out. They fold up flat too.

I also have matching boxes (also Target) that fit nicely on the rear shelf. All of them fold flat too.

I like them as they work well and did not cost much at all.

Jim

Thanks Jim, that would be appreciated. I’ve looked for similar fabric foldable cargo storage bins but everything I’ve found has been too large.

I also got a quote from AvFab who makes underseat drawers but I feel I can get by with something that costs considerably less than $825 per seat! 😯

No weight and balance penalty for a cloth box!

Not very fancy but very functional.

Attachments:

Thanks Jim.
    Looks like the brand is ClosetMaid – Assortments Medium Fabric Bin. found them on Target’s website in a bronze color, although I like your cocoa color better. Looks like the size is 5.5 x 10.5 x 10.5. $8 can’t beat that!

You might also like the other boxes, they are ~ 12″ X 12″ X 12″ and also fold up flat when not needed. I have a pair that ride on the back shelf, stacked, that hold blankets and headsets and other things that collect. When I need the space, I can repackage those items and fold the boxes flat.

Thanks Jim.
    I’ve got a foldable fabric cargo storage bag (typically used in the trunk of a car) that works great for the back shelf. It’s got velcro strips on the bottm that grips the carpeting. I was looking for the underseat storage for a headset, batteries, and some sic sacks for each seat.

Next up: cup holders. If I can find some attractive foldable lightweight cupholders I’ll mount them to the side panels for each seat.

I really would like cupholders. I’ve thought about something that would hook over the main spar.

rstanley
    Participant
      quote JBurnsIII1:

Thanks Jim.
      I’ve got a foldable fabric cargo storage bag (typically used in the trunk of a car) that works great for the back shelf. It’s got velcro strips on the bottm that grips the carpeting. I was looking for the underseat storage for a headset, batteries, and some sic sacks for each seat.

Next up: cup holders. If I can find some attractive foldable lightweight cupholders I’ll mount them to the side panels for each seat.

Jim
      I use cupholders found at Westmarine.
      Cheers
      Richard

Richard,
      Where do you mount your WestMarine cupholders? I actually bought a SS version of their fold up cupholder but couldn’t locate “the right spot” for it.

rstanley
      Participant
        quote JBurnsIII1:

Richard,
        Where do you mount your WestMarine cupholders? I actually bought a SS version of their fold up cupholder but couldn’t locate “the right spot” for it.

I mounted them on the frame for the folding table

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.