Tip Tuna fuel leaking

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Tip Tuna fuel leaking

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Abe Bush
    Participant

Have fuel leaking from these three screw locations in the pic. Panel was dry when removed, leak stops with the screws in….

What’s the consensus on how to fix this ???

Abe Bush
      Participant

pic…

sc9roy
        Participant

Repair or replace the bladder? If memory serves me, I think other posts have indicated they’re hard to come by. Poke around the web site a bit.

Abe Bush
          Participant

Guess I shouldn’t have titled ‘tuna’ as that likely misleads to the older model tip tanks and thus the bladder answer…

Apologies, this is a T310P of ‘69 vintage…wet tips.

Wondering if a previous used wrong length fasteners and potentially cracked the internal ‘wet tank’ or of this is indications of a more substantial problem…

Mechanic and I are thinking to go into the tank from the transfer pump plate and see if can seal the area or find any cracks … or since the screw fasteners seal the leak, just put it back together until a more substantial fuel issue comes up to make the repair then…

sc9roy
            Participant

I’m a 310R so no bladder too, but did know Tuna’s have bladders.

And sorry, I’m not familiar with fixing our vintages. Hope to hear back from you the closure in case I or others need the help someday.

rwelsh
              Participant

Sometimes just using Fuel Lube and putting the the correct length screw will seal the leak; sometime not.
                Dick Welsh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.