Slow flight and stalls

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Safety Issues & Accidents Slow flight and stalls

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Due to Christmas travel (commercial unfortunately) and schedule stuff I hadn’t flown the 421 in about a month. When we got back to town yesterday the weather was good and I decided to exercise the 421.

With no particular destination in mind, I worked on some proficiency and did stalls and slow flight. I hadn’t done that in a while in this plane and I bet most of us don’t.

It has been so long that I had forgotten how well this plane stalls. It is very gentle and even when held in a stall she just drops her nose straight ahead when back pressure is released. Even in a turning stall the plane is gentle.

Likewise, slow flight (not something anyone does often in a big twin) is easy and works well. I was able to tool along at 75-80kts indicated without much trouble.

A fun way to spend an hour or so!

Robert

Good reminder, Robert. When the 310 gets out of annual I’ll be doing the same if for no other reason than to calibrate my AoA indicator! ๐Ÿ™‚

quote TDUPUIS:

Good reminder, Robert. When the 310 gets out of annual I’ll be doing the same if for no other reason than to calibrate my AoA indicator! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ted,

So you added an AOA indicator… Cool! Once you get going with it would love to see pics and hear how it works.

Glenn
    N1552T, c414
    N8324T, pa32

Glenn,

The AoA is in the process of being added. I’ll do more of a write-up on it once complete. After I’ve flown with it for a bit I thought it would make a good article, at least if it’s as useful as I think it will be. ๐Ÿ™‚

Annual should be done this week or next. I like to add at least one “fun” item in with annual so that I feel like I’m getting something out of it.

quote TDUPUIS:

The AoA is in the process of being added. I’ll do more of a write-up on it once complete. After I’ve flown with it for a bit I thought it would make a good article, at least if it’s as useful as I think it will be. ๐Ÿ™‚

I want to hear all about it too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.