Shoulder harenss collar

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Shoulder harenss collar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This might qualify as the smallest part request ever…but I am looking for the small plastic collar that fits around the pin on the shoulder harness where it snaps onto the lap belt. My plane is a 414A. I used some flexible rubber tubing and it works OK for now but I don’t think it is going to last long. Suggestions?
    Pete

Pete:

You might want to try Tom’s Aircraft in Long Beach, CA. They may be able to get the part or point you in the right direction.

Tom’s Aircraft
    2641 E. Spring Street
    Long Beach, CA 90806

Toll-Free: 800/441-1485
    Phone: 562/426-5331
    Fax: 562/426-1052

Good luck.

Troy Talarico

I used a small O-ring which I fited over the stud. Has worked great for the past 3 years. If you can find the part that would be a better solution, I could not.

Good luck,

We use a nylon tie lock. It works ok.

quote PVANHELDEN:

… I am looking for the small plastic collar that fits around the pin on the shoulder harness where it snaps onto the lap belt.

That part is Cessna P/N S2237-3, shoulder harness bushing. You can purchase it from all of the Cessna suppliers or Aircraft Spruce ( ~$1.00). For reference see MEB96-4, Seat Belt and Shoulder Harness Inspection. It is made from Durlon / PTFE so it would be difficult to stretch it over the mushroom head without heating. Heat it in boiling water, use an IR heater, or use a heat gun to bring it to its plastic state then work it over the top of the seat belt mushroom. Durlon melts at ~600F so you won’t damage it at 180 – 220F.

Geoff

Geoff,
    Perfect. Thank you.
    Pete

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.