Seattle Area Hangar

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics Seattle Area Hangar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi folks,
    Am moving into the Seattle Area, specifically Kirkland WA.
    Any recomendations for airports and if any hangar space is available. I
    will be bringing my 310Q out around end of August or september.
    Thanks,
    Garrett Magon

quote JMAGON:

Hi folks,
    Am moving into the Seattle Area, specifically Kirkland WA.
    Any recomendations for airports and if any hangar space is available. I
    will be bringing my 310Q out around end of August or september.
    Thanks,
    Garrett Magon

Garett,
    I own a nice new condo hangar with hydraulic door, bathroom & heating in Skagit KBVS, which I could rent to you if interested.

Auburn airport (S50) has a nice twin enclosed hangar for rent. They also have twin open hangars too. I base my 320 there and the 3400 foot long runway is right at the accelerate stop distance.

Everett would be the next best choice. Renton and Boeing Field rarely have available hangars, especially for a twin. The Boeing Pilot’s Association at Renton might have a space in their hangar.

Arlington is also a nice airport.

Boeing, Renton and Everett are 45 minute drives from Kirkland during rush hour, 20 minutes otherwise. Auburn is another 20 minutes south of Renton.

Thanks For the Reply’s!! Will look at the different airports mentioned.
    Garrett

rwelsh
    Participant

Garrett, I keep my 340 at Boeing Field in the summer, but outside with a good cover, and that costs almost $200 a month. There are twin hangars at Boeing if you want to spend $850 a month for a 50 footer.

Last I checked, there was nothing available at Renton except 45 foot 35 year old wooden hangars that need a stud under the door beam to keep the beam from sagging. The City of Renton evicted all the original owners three years ago when the 30 year leases ran out. The City then raised the rents so high, no one wants to rent the old derelicts.

From Kirkland, Paine Field in Everett isn’t much further then Renton or Boeing. The morning and evening rush hour on I-405 from Everett to Renton is a parking lot most times. Hopefully your work will keep you in Kirkland or Bellevue or Redmond. We live in Bellevue, but I am retired and only travel in non-rush hour times.

Dick Welsh
      425-646-8812

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.