Pressurization in South Florida

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Pressurization in South Florida

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kkushner1
    Participant

Does anyone know of a twin Cessna shop in South Florida that has a ground pressurization cart? Schmidt at FXE no longer has one and I’ve been speaking with American Aviation at BKV. Wondering if anyone has had experience with / knows of others. Thanks.

What’s the issue?

kkushner1
      Participant

Minimal differential psi. I’ve had the belly plugs checked, the outflow valve, fixed the right dump valve and replaced the ducting in the left wing root. After researching past threads on the topic and communicating with “those who know” (including Tony Saxton), it seems ground pressurization beats the “round up the usual suspects” method. Wrong? I’m just having trouble finding a twin Cessna shop that’s nearby.

rwelsh
        Participant

I would check all the hoses in the heater and defrost section-two defrost hoses, one long heater hose and two smaller hoses. They are easy to get to. The original defrost hoses were very susceptible to blowing out. There is a short 5″ diameter hose that connects the heater system to the forward bulkhead that is very hard to get at without taking out some other stuff. Also it is easy to cut yourself down there because of heater adjust cables having sharp open ends. All these hoses are part of the pressurization system.

My mechanic at the Hampton Roads airport, Aerodyne Corp,uses a leaf blower connected to the pressurization system to find the leaks.It was described by Mr. Saxton and works well. Its an inexpensive and easily available solution to the leak detection problem.

kkushner1
          Participant
            quote :

I would check all the hoses in the heater and defrost section…

That was my next step but thought ground pressurization might be more definitive.

kkushner1
            Participant
              quote :

My mechanic at the Hampton Roads airport, Aerodyne Corp,uses a leaf blower connected to the pressurization system to find the leaks.It was described by Mr. Saxton and works well. Its an inexpensive and easily available solution to the leak detection problem.

Clever. I’ll suggest that to my mechanic, thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.