Paint Shops in the Norteast

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics Paint Shops in the Norteast

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rstanley
    Participant

Good morning all
      I am going to paint my 340 this spring
      Can anyone recommend a shop in the northeast ?
      What might I expect to pay?
      Thanks

Our 310 was done at Oxford by the previous owner about 10-15 years ago. It wasn’t cheap (I think $45k for paint and interior back then), but the work was superb. I get comments from people who think it’s a fresh paint job, at least until they walk up close enough to see some of the blemishes from life.

Resurrecting an old thread, keeping the info in one place for continuity reasons – while reading about paint shops, I have found very little about paint shops in the Northeast, except this thread from several years ago.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Has anyone used Ed’s Aircraft Refinishing on Long Island? The previous 182 I owned was painted at Ed’s and the owner I bought the plane from had a good experience there.

Thanks, Gavin

Bumping this – surely SOMEONE has had a plane painted somewhere in the general vicinity of the Northeast?

quote GArchibald1:

Bumping this – surely SOMEONE has had a plane painted somewhere in the general vicinity of the Northeast?

Gavin, can’t help you with the NE. While I was narrowing down shops I realized early on I would be traveling out of the Midwest. Good news is our planes are pretty fun/quick. 🙂 I ended up going with Hawk at ZPH and will be able to show that off soon. Before deciding on them (in large part after seeing how they did with Arlen’s 310 and their quote) I was also considering Texas.

Hope you can get a good local recommendation but if you don’t, you may end up saving money down south. Plan it in the winter and maybe you can escape the cold for a few days. 🙂

Very true, Kevin 🙂 Thanks for the data and encouragement

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.