Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Howdy Y’all…….I am looking at installing oil filters on my C310Q and am wondering if you guys and gals have a preference for either the engine mounted or remote mounted version. I have heard of the engine mounted ones being susceptible to cracking due to vibration and the remote ones possibly having more leak issues because of the extra lines. The other question is does the remote mount version catch more “gunk” because of being mounted pretty much with the filter pointed up ? Also, should I go with the remote ones, I’m thinking that stainless steel lines would be the way to go. I was going to do this at my annual last month, but I had to replace a cylinder so there went my funds for the filters…. ๐Ÿ˜• Thanks in advance for your support ๐Ÿ˜€

Jack, in my opinion filters are very worthwhile. We installed them within about 2 months of getting the 310. That said, the engines made TBO with screens.

We used remote mount with hoses. The on-engine Continental filters I’ve heard issues about. Everything else I’d say is just preference. 600 hours later, they’ve been flawless. We use Tempest filters.

Hey Ted….I’m leaning towards the remote also. I’ve heard of issues as well with the engine mount ones. I also think the remote one would be easier to change….I think ๐Ÿ˜• Did you use stainless steel hoses ?

Jack, I find the remote filters easy to change with minimal spillage. It’s been a few years so I forget what hoses we used, but I’d suspect they are braided stainless underneath the rubber shell. I could be wrong, but they have proven reliable either way thus far. I usually figure hoses to last about the life of the overhaul.

Captain Jack,

We have the Air Wolf remote oil filters mounted on the aft fire wall. The filters rotate on upside down so there is virtually no spillage and it is easy to access. I highly recommend them.

Butch

Thanks Butch……I think that’s the way I’m going. I especially like the idea of very little spillage also. I seem to remember there is an AD about fluid lines and the braided stainless lines avoid that. I think ๐Ÿ˜•

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.