New York Times-The Dangers of Private Planes

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Safety Issues & Accidents New York Times-The Dangers of Private Planes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rtowe
    Participant

First USA Today and now the New York Times gives another sucker punch to General Aviation 🙄

Seems he wrote a book about the insurance aspect of a crash. This is a way to sell books it would seem. It will probably work. Sadly, GA has so little impact on the general population most won’t care. We are hardly a rounding error.

Very sorry to hear a Boeing 777 just crashed killing 295 people.

quote RENRIQUEZ:

Very sorry to hear a Boeing 777 just crashed killing 295 people.

It is very sad. I am sad for all of those people and their families.

If the initial suspicions play out, any plane will crash and kill its occupants when shot by a missile.

jgrimes
      Participant

There seems to be a general mood in the country to deny individual-citizen rights in the name of mass-conformity. If you or I do something the least bit out of the ordinary, we are considered malcontents and worthy of reeducation.

The NY Times article is just another example of selective news reporting. Suppose they use the same logic to auto accidents: list every auto accident with the pre-determined conclusion: you need to ride the bus just like Gus.

By the way, on my corner of the world, the NY Times is reserved for toilet reading by the parakeet.

Joe

quote JGRIMES:

By the way, on my corner of the world, the NY Times is reserved for toilet reading by the parakeet.

We need a “rolling on the floor laughing” smiley.

Whenever I see these articles, I think about the dangers of driving, riding motorcycles, etc. Planes are easy to attack since there aren’t many of us.

The one benefit is that enough senators and congressmen who enjoy flying, too.

As for me, time to get ready to fly to Houston. In the morning, pick up 25 dogs, and fly to New Hampshire.

Superchargers would shave 2 hours off this trip. 🙂

Agree with Joe, +1.

General Aviation is not only “out of the ordinary” it is also percieved to be elitist by the public thanks to all the heavy metal jet hardware after every Super Bowl or other national event.

Fortunately we have advocates in the Black Hole that is Washington, DC. But that may not last forever, that’s one of the reasons we bought a Twin Cessna and we’re flying it as much as we can.

And by the way, my hard drive just crashed, it was inadvertantly shredded and I won’t be able to produce any tax or income data for the forseeable future. Just saying.

Butch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.