New Glass for 310P (N88JB) – Neal Aviation

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Avionics Topics New Glass for 310P (N88JB) – Neal Aviation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

As promised, here are the before, during and after photos of my recent panel upgrade.

All work was done by Neal Aviation in El Cajon, CA (Gillespee Field in the San Diego area). The owner’s name is Garrett Neal.

I can’t say enough great things about Garrett and his team. They are true pros and made this an excellent experience from start to finish. They were not only an absoute pleasure to work with, but the follow-up/reponse time was outstanding (Garrett was always available or got right back to me regarding any questions that I had. Even on weekends), the attention to detail and workmanship was second to none and the project came in on time and budget. I give Garrett and his team my highest recommendation. Top notch shop and team!

Photos:

-When I bought the plane in December 2012 (“as is” condition. Knew I’d be re-doing the cockpit to my likes)
    -During the upgrade
    -After completion

The rest of the plane was exceptional when purchased. It had low time factory remans on both engines (~150 hours on each), same low time on props, all new P&I within past six years. Always located in Southern Nevada or Southern California, and always hangered. So, it only needed a little TLC in the cockpit.

Key Upgrades:

-G500 with SVT (includes Jepp charts and geo referencing)
    -GTN750 (geo referencing)
    -S-Tec 55X with Auto Trim & Altitude Pre-Select
    -Remote Audio Panel
    -Remote Transponder
    -ADS-B with Traffic & Weather
    -GNC 255A Nav/Com (didn’t see a need to spend extra money for the GTN650)
    -Panel Mouted 796 (for extra functionality)
    -Added Fuel Flow to the JPI 760
    -The entire cockpit was referbished from top to bottom & left to right

Potential future upgrade: JPI Engine Monitor

Did our test flight and picked up the plane this past Thursday. Flys absolutely beautifully!

Attachments:

All I can say is WOW!!

That looks great – you will enjoy the upgrade for many years to come. I like the clean layout – are those 2 1/4″ airspeed and attitude indicators?

Geoff

Another 44 year old bird looking sharp and feeing frisky. Now go get a bunch of hours behind that panel!

Wow, nicely done! Thanks for the pictures.

Nice – congratulations! You will love the G500/GTN combo. Here’s a very neat video Garmin put out for the NBAA convention that shows just how well the two boxes work together.

BTW – this video is courtesy of Mark Hangen who posted it in the B-Forum.

Beautiful, Troy! I’m sure you’ll get a lot of great use out of it.

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Geoff: Yes. The back-up instruments are 2 1/4″. Needed to go with the smaller gauges in order to make them fit correctly.

Man that looks nice… I’m trying to do kind of the same with my 414.

quote ttalarico:

Thank you, Gentlemen.

Geoff: Yes. The back-up instruments are 2 1/4″. Needed to go with the smaller gauges in order to make them fit correctly.

I like better 2 1/4 instruments.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.