Need a crossfeed line for a T310R

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Need a crossfeed line for a T310R

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Can’t find one in stock anywhere. Old part # is 5200106-8, new # is 0890022-77.

Check with Jeff Ragsdale. He’s got an ad in For Sale here and also the magazine, he’s parting out a T310R.

Thanks for the tip but the labor to install is going to be high so I’d prefer a new one!

For that check with Cessna or Yingling. I have no idea what the price will be, but the price premium is probably pretty high. Can the line be made by your A&P or by you? Not sure of the answer, but it’s a question worth asking as it would certainly be cheaper than having Cessna do it. As an example, a new step for my 310N would be $3,000.

My A&P thinks they can make one out of aluminum and that was confirmed by Tony Saxton as you can see below. The “generic” replacement stainless line is about $270, the total kit which I can’t locate is about $2300!

This line appears to be the upper outboard right side line from the fuel selector to the center nacelle connector. In 1999, as a result of several in-flight exhaust system/fire accidents, Cessna released service bulletin MEB99-8 “Cross-feed Fuel Line Replacement” which announced a service kit SK310-111-2 that replaced all of these original aluminum lines to stainless steel lines and interconnect fittings. As a result of the service kit Cessna has allowed all of the original aluminum line part numbers to go out of stock, with the intent being to replace with the stainless lines.

It would be entirely OK to locally build this line from the the original aluminum tubing as well. It would simply be formed and flared from 5052-0 1/2″ .035″ wall thickness aluminum tubing available from most aviation supply houses.

If you don’t want to install the entire stainless steal service kit, you could also just replace the section of tubing that you need with the newer stainless version. Here comes the hard part. Even though Cessna list stock on the entire kit they have no listing for many of the individual parts in the kits. However, in the service kit directions they acknowledge that several of the kit lines may not fit and if this is the case then they have sort of a generic line #0890022-245 (right upper) which is in stock, that has one end flared and the other end is just a straight tube that is not flared and the entire length is 2″ longer than the original tube. You would need to order the line, and an AN815-8J union, as well as a couple of S2692-8N conical seals. Additionally the shop would need to have a special tube flaring tool Imperial Eastman #400-F to flare the stainless line. This is available from McMaster-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com item #2723A2. A great website to see the tool and get info on its use is Newman Tools http://www.newmantools.com/imperial/ft5.html .

Hope this helps.

Tony Saxton – Director of Tech Support TTCF

My new aluminum line was about $400 and the labor about $2500!

Ouch. Why was the labor so high?

rwelsh
    Participant

Ted, it is a bear to get behind the firewall. On the 340, you need to remove the turbo system and possibly the engine to really get into the back of the firewall easily. I don’t know if 25 to 30 hours is correct, but for a newbie, that is what it probably takes. Also the fuel tanks need to be drained I believe. It is a tough working area. Probably a job for an experienced hand like Tony.

After my line was replaced we found the line on the other side was leaking too! It is right behind where the exhaust stack comes down out of the fairing. I can only guess that years of heat caused the corrosion to form, the other fuel line above it is fine but the fuel running through it during ops probably kept it cooler. More $$

Tony was kind enough to make me a stainless one for the left side I just wish I would have though of that before I put an aluminum one on the right!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.