Nacelle Fuel Transfer Pump 1977 C340

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Nacelle Fuel Transfer Pump 1977 C340

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rstanley
    Participant

Good Morning
      Can someone please tell me where I can get my pump either rebuilt or get an overhaul exchange BESIDES Preferred Airparts ?
      Thanks for the help
      Richard

Make/Model/PartNumber?

Try http://www.qaa.com/ I’ve had good success with them.

cochrane
      Participant
        quote RSTANLEY:

Good Morning
        Can someone please tell me where I can get my pump either rebuilt or get an overhaul exchange BESIDES Preferred Airparts ?
        Thanks for the help
        Richard

Richard,

They stopped making the Facet 476411 pump, at least under that P/N, and replaced it with 6508092-1. Check McFarlane Aviation ($290) or Aircraft Spruce sells a replacement through PMA Parts. These pumps cost $175 in 2009….

CJ Aviation used to overhaul them and Jim’s reference, QAA, will exchange your pump.

What was the quote from Preferred? I have found their pricing to be far higher than their competition – probably due to their policy of tracking the Cessna price index. For a part that I purchased last month, Preferred’s price was $980 overhaul / exchange while I bought a new part for $600 without the exchange.

Geoff

Here’s the Avspares list, plenty of options for the part number Geoff posted. http://www.avspares.com/parts/search?parts=6508092-1

rstanley
        Participant
          quote COCHRANE:

They stopped making the Facet 476411 pump, at least under that P/N, and replaced it with 6508092-1. Check McFarlane Aviation ($290) or Aircraft Spruce sells a replacement through PMA Parts. These pumps cost $175 in 2009….

CJ Aviation used to overhaul them and Jim’s reference, QAA, will exchange your pump.

What was the quote from Preferred? I have found their pricing to be far higher than their competition – probably due to their policy of tracking the Cessna price index. For a part that I purchased last month, Preferred’s price was $980 overhaul / exchange while I bought a new part for $600 without the exchange.

Geoff

Preferred want approx $1,500
          QAA was about $1,300
          McFarlane wanted approx. $950
          The Cessna part number is 4140-00-153

It is a Dukes pump AKA EXPENSIVE !!!
          Thanks for all the help
          Richard

cochrane
          Participant

Richard,

Sorry, they switched from the Dukes to Facet at S/N 340A0201. Weldon has a direct replacement that you can purchase new for less than any of the Dukes alternatives that you cited – P/N 18013-B.

Geoff

rwelsh
            Participant

This is the one I use for the nacelle transfer pump and the transfer pump at the back of the wing tip tank that transfers fuel from the front of the tip tank to the rear of the tip tank. It may not be the Cessna part number, but it is identical except for the ground shielding at the electrical quick disconnect which can be taken off the off pump and soldered on to the new pump. It is not like the pump is holding the wings together!
              http://www.aircraftspruce.com/search/search.php?s=480564e&x=0&y=0

I have about 20 in stock they sell for $125.00 as removed in working cond. Craig, contact@aircraftwholesale.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.