MaxViz-600 infrared for twin Cessnas

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Avionics Topics MaxViz-600 infrared for twin Cessnas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

http://www.max-viz.com/

This company is finalizing an STC for the 421. They will do one for the 310 series if they can get four people to commit to installs.

I am one. Would like to hear from others who may have an interest.

What will the cost be? Might mention this to Bob, it could get put into the next issue and expand the audience.

quote TDUPUIS:

What will the cost be? Might mention this to Bob, it could get put into the next issue and expand the audience.

They are putting together a price. As soon as I get it I will pass it on.

Perfect. I’m interested in it, but price will absolutely be a factor for us, as well as if they’re willing to provide us a different price as a non-profit. I’ve seen it in action and it seems like an awesome safety feature.

bwhiteford
    Participant

Would be nice to have some idea by the convention. I am definitely interested. Would be nice to have synthetic vision on the PFD and EVS on the MFD.

quote BWHITEFORD:

Would be nice to have some idea by the convention. I am definitely interested. Would be nice to have synthetic vision on the PFD and EVS on the MFD.

Exactly

I’m interested but not sure how it would be displayed in my non-garmin panel.

I talked to them two years ago when I first got the 310.

Doug

The non-Garmin panel would be a consideration. Since we have an Aspen and a 530 (with the intent of likely adding more Aspens), I would be out if told it needed a G500/600 to work.

Any clue as to the cost, including install? But its got to be cheaper than hitting a Moose on the runway as recently took place up here, it would be just great for seeing these and other big critters which abound on our airfields in the “Great White North”.

quote MHangen1:

http://www.max-viz.com/

This company is finalizing an STC for the 421. They will do one for the 310 series if they can get four people to commit to installs.

I am one. Would like to hear from others who may have an interest.

I am interested for my T303.

EVS on twin Cessnas are cool toys, but IMHO have very low cost benefit return.

True, if it saves your airplane on a foggy night from hitting a Moose, it more than pays for itself, but when you really think about it, how many flight hours per year (or decade) would this technology really come into play.

We have a HUD/EVS capability on the B-757 I fly to enhance Cat 3 approaches. In almost 20 years I’ve only flown to real Cat 2 or Cat 3 mins a handful of times.

I would venture that in conditions where an EVS might be useful, most general aviation pilots and planes would not be moving.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Butch

That’s a reasonable concern Butch. Several differences between your experience in the 757 and GA come to mind. I am thinking that GA pilots may go into airports that are more prone to wildlife than a 757 so a straight up comparison might not be completely meaningful. Same for high terrian airports. Aspen as example. The third thing is single pilot ops vs crew. Thinking EV would make for more comfortable SP ops. I know SVT has made flying approaches to minimums (especially turbulent approaches) much more relaxing for me. Just something about seeing that FPM positioned on the threshold while that rate based 55x ap is struggling to fly a stabilized approach.

These situations may make EVS a more useful tool for GA than for commercial ops.

That said, as you point out, seems like a pretty awesome toy ;-).

Aspen is a constraint. No video in capability. Rumor is a fix is on the way. What form that takes I have no idea.

I’d agree that GA vs big iron have some differences. A lot of GA approaches can be pretty hairy, especially at night. Weird terrain, etc. One could argue you just shouldn’t do them, but that’s another topic.

I do agree also that the cost/benefit would likely be low vs other items as well, hence my thought that it will heavily depend on price. Air conditioning is a higher priority.

Could it be used for flying down river canyons at night?

Just asking… 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.