Let’s talk about the last C340As 1982-1984

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Buying a Twin Cessna Let’s talk about the last C340As 1982-1984

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve read that the last production year for the C340A was 1982, however the final inventory was sold through out 1982, 83, and 84. Does anyone have any information about these last 340s? What stage of production were they “stored” in? Corrosion issues? Aged plastics and rubber?

Thanks!
    Jim

Hi Jim, I would have thought this would have been a buyer concern in in mid 80’s and they probably took measures to make sure parts were in good condition. Now, 35 years later, I would say all the rubber aged!
    Perhaps there were some unique assembly issues if they were stored partially assembled?

I’ve read statements by Jerry Temple saying not to bother paying any more for an 84 than you would for the “same” 82. I can understand that. I’m curious about how many new 82’s were sold in 83 and then in 84. I’m also curious if any owners of the 84s have found any unfavorable issues that they could trace back to the unfinished storage time.

quote JBurnsIII1:

I’ve read statements by Jerry Temple saying not to bother paying any more for an 84 than you would for the “same” 82. I can understand that. I’m curious about how many new 82’s were sold in 83 and then in 84. I’m also curious if any owners of the 84s have found any unfavorable issues that they could trace back to the unfinished storage time.

I’d be pretty surprised if they did. Engines would have been replaced by now, and the planes sold would have been flying and getting hangared as well. I suppose I just don’t see much of a difference.

Thinking of trading in the Aztec?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.