KSDL or KDVT or ????

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Destinations KSDL or KDVT or ????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

We are flying the 340 to the PHX area to catch some Giants spring training. We are staying in Scottsdale but will probably have a car anyway. What are the recommendations of those in the know?

I have been to both you listed but have been going to KFFZ now as it is easy to get to my dads house in NE Scottsdale and also easy to get in/out. Falcon Exec does have maintenance and have fixed me up before when I have a problem.

I don’t go to SDL anymore as it cost way more than I want to pay for everything. And, Deer Valley is very busy (with training) but does have more options on the ground.

Have a good trip.

I have been to both and would highly recommend Cutter at DVT. I fly there often and find it a pleasure dealing with staff not to mention cost friendly.

Jeff
    N38GJ

rwelsh
    Participant

When we go to the Mariner’s spring training games, we go to Glendale on the NW side of town and it is only 6 minutes to the field.. But I don’t know what part of town the Giants practice in.

I would 2nd the recommendation on FFZ. The guys were super laid back. They didn’t even charge me for the 3 nights parking when I bought 40 gallons of gas.

quote jrecker:

I have been to both and would highly recommend Cutter at DVT. I fly there often and find it a pleasure dealing with staff not to mention cost friendly.

Jeff
      N38GJ

Wow on Cutter at DVT! I don’t recall where I have been treated so well (except when going to Dick Welch’s flight line) in many years. I even went in and rounded up the boss to say thank you, I told the line guy and the young lady at the counter too.

I always tell folks I work with; everything counts. The line guy who greeted me opening the door on my plane set the tone for Cutter.

As for DVT, it is a busy place with a lot of traffic close by and in the pattern. It was almost overwhelming with all of the traffic showing up on my displays! But, it is a nice airport that is very easy to pick out visually. The controllers worked me in and out nicely too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.