Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Cessna 303 Topics KICE placard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

KICE placard
    Tony Saxton’s recent article on KICE led me to further checking on my plane and while I have the equipment I did not have the placard. I got a replacement with release certificate from Maine Aviation at PWM. Contact is Joe at (207) 780-1811

bthomason
    Participant
      quote JHODGSON:

KICE placard
      Tony Saxton’s recent article on KICE led me to further checking on my plane and while I have the equipment I did not have the placard. I got a replacement with release certificate from Maine Aviation at PWM. Contact is Joe at (207) 780-1811

I’m not sure I understand John. I don’t think you need any sort of placard if your airplane is known ice equipped. What did Maine Aviation replace?

Bob, this was a while ago sorry I did not find it earlier . I did not have a cockpit placard on KICE but I thought, maybe wrongly, that we had to have one. I presume Cessna had a reason for offering it. I’ll check Tony’s article and send a photo of it when I get back home. John

Hi, Bob…

Actually, depending on the verbiage in Note 2 of the Type Certificate Data Sheet (not sure what type of airplane John is talking about or I would research it), there will be a placard required that states what types of operations the aircraft is certified for.

For instance, Note 2, Paragraph (6) in TCDS 3A10 for the Cessna 310 aircraft states that a placard must be installed in 310R aircraft in a certain serial number range stating:

“This airplane is approved for day/night VFR conditions. It is approved for day/night IFR conditions and flights into icing conditions if the proper equipment is installed and operational.”

The 421 series of airplanes have an FAA-Approved Airplane Flight Manual. Note 2 of the TCDS states that the placards specific in that AFM must be installed. The Limitations Section of the AFM includes a section called Placards, and I would assume that the same day/night/VFR/IFR/Icing placard is called out in that section.

Hope that this helps.

Brian Ingraham

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.