KFC225 in 414 Staight

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Avionics Topics KFC225 in 414 Staight

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anyone know if anyone has put a KFC225 in a 414Straight? I see they are certified for the 414A but wondering about the 414 straight.

I like the idea of having an attitude based AP vs rate based such as the stec.. I also like that the G600 can directly interface with this unit and turn on all the bells and whistles.

Hi,
    I understand it is possible – but the cost is breathtaking. You have the stec now?

The good news on TC based AP’s like the stec is their failure mode is independent of the attitude indicator. The 800 series (and KFC225) will follow the failing attitude indicator until a limit is reached.

How is the performance in pitch and roll?

Currently have the 500 with the sperry head. I’m just finishing up the pre-buy so don’t have a lot of experiance with the performance of the AP currently.

I do know it’s better than no AP at all but would like to move it out and at least do and stec 55X with alt pre-select. Prefer to also get Vnav and IAS as well as vertical speed select.

Kelly

cochrane
    Participant

Here is an interesting writeup on the KFC225 – http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/kfc225/index.html. The comments are relatively recent (2012) and it sounds like the author did a fair amount of work to ensure an accurate report.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.