ipad / iphone W&B App

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics ipad / iphone W&B App

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone. Not sure if you’ve ever heard of a company named Gyronimo. They make some amazing ipad apps for Weight and Balance.
    http://www.gyronimo.com/#!fixed-wing/c10t3

I’ve had a few conversations with claus, the producer of the apps. He said he could build a Cessna 414 W&B app for us for 300$.

Just wanted to take a pulse if there would be any interest in pooling money to get a version?

Get this: http://www.aviationwb.com

Forget about the rest. This is the best app and w&b program. There are templates for the 414. I have one for our 421 if anyone needs a template.

kkushner1
    Participant

Check out this app http://www.wnbpro.com/

You can set your own moments / arms etc. Works on iphone and ipad. A no brainer.

Go to the I tunes app store.and type aviation w&b we have been using this for a while and if u have a 414 with ram 4 engines there’s one.ready for.you.if not.u can.build your own its awesome.we.use this for.our 414 and our bonanza we.love it.

I use wnbpro. No template when I set up my 421, but it didn’t take long at all and it works great. Highly recommend it. I have not tried any of the other available programs btw.

Rod

Yeah I’ve been using aviation w&b for a long time.. pretty solid app but nothing IMO compared to the newer style W&B like Pilatus is producing and now this guy from a usability standpoint, just seems much better.

I love my Aviation W&B app and have templates for several airplanes. Just a thought overall.

Ok so next question.. what about a really good ipad checklist? I’ve seen some really nice ones but they are only for single engine. I was thinking about writing one for the twins.

sthibault1
      Participant

I also use WnB Pro. I have found this to be the easiest app to use. Just about every pilot I show this to purchases it even if they have already purchased a different one. It is only $4.99. The best feature is that you do not have to type in your weights, rather you use a slider bar. You can instantly adjust the weights with the slider and see how the weight and balance changes.

Steve Thibault

Aerobalance is my W&B App of Choice, although these look good.

Kelly,

I use Checkmate on my ipad in my 340A. The basic list is pretty good, but you can go online, log in and adjust it to your own preference by adding in specifics for your airplane. For example, I added “G600 master on” in the Avionics section. It has been a great one for me and you can use it on your ipad, iphone, etc. I cant recall how much it was, but it was pretty cheap for the functionallity.

Mike

I use FlightPlan app. Set up is straight forward for your custom settings. Easy to use and plots MTOW to Zero fuel weight in actual aircraft W&B chart envelop.

Oh and it’s free.

quote MWilton1:

Kelly,

I use Checkmate on my ipad in my 340A. The basic list is pretty good, but you can go online, log in and adjust it to your own preference by adding in specifics for your airplane. For example, I added “G600 master on” in the Avionics section. It has been a great one for me and you can use it on your ipad, iphone, etc. I cant recall how much it was, but it was pretty cheap for the functionallity.

Mike

Ok good to know you can go online and customize.. I didn’t see any 414 on thier list but I suspect I could just add one and then go make it fit my plane

If anybody is interested, I’ve created an Excel spreadsheet with imbedded CG envelope graph that I’ve used for each airplane I”ve owned. It’s a simple sheet but performs the same as any of the other apps…. plus you can modify it for your specific airplane just by adding or deleting data points. Remember, this version is for my Ram VII 340. I’ve added an additional line for my forward nose baggage section after some old avionics was removed.

Just downloaded WnB Pro app, figuring the envelope was a little confusing, but other than that it really is a good app.

Butch

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.