Intro flight in a 421C-414A or 340–New England

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Buying a Twin Cessna Intro flight in a 421C-414A or 340–New England

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

My partner and I are interested in moving up to a twin Cessna. We are based in Burlington VT (KBTV). We have our eyes on the 414A, but would like to get a ride in the 421C and 340A as well. We will pay all expenses. Please call Martti Matheson at 802 233 3713. we can fly to your home airport in our A-36. Thanks in advance!

I can’t really help you unless you want to come to Dallas, but I would encourage you to look at the useful loads of a 414 vs a 421. The 421 will carry a LOT more weight.

Don’t be afraid of the geared engines – They cost $7k more each to overhaul, but in the long term that’s not a lot of money for these airplanes. Other than overhaul costs, they are great engines and nothing to be afraid of.

Robert

If we can’t get a ride, could we get a 414A owners contact info so we can call and discuss the ownership “Peaks and Valleys”. Thanks in advance. My cell: 802 233 3713

PM sent.

Adirondack at Lake Placid isn’t too far from you and they run a 421C and a 414 (not sure if plain or “A”) on a charter business, so I’m sure you could arrange a paid intro flight in one or both of them very easily. The also do all (or most) of their own maintenance, so they can give you the inside skinny on that angle as well, though they may not be quite as up on the costs, since some of that might be muddy or hidden to them, but they can at least tell you about the work/hours/parts side of things.

Terry runs the charter business.
    Ken runs maintenance.
    Kim’s the office manager.

Edit: you have a fantastic A36 now; I can’t wait to see what 4xx you buy and hopefully we’ll cross paths sometime here in New England…

Thank you to Jim, Jack and Pete for their help and advice. There is nothing more valuable than to speak directly with twin Cessna owners. I look forward to meeting you all soon!

Happy to fly you in my 421C at Allentown,PA ABE.

Also happy to talk: cell 908-578-3710.

Dan Herr

rstanley
    Participant
      quote MMatheson1:

My partner and I are interested in moving up to a twin Cessna. We are based in Burlington VT (KBTV). We have our eyes on the 414A, but would like to get a ride in the 421C and 340A as well. We will pay all expenses. Please call Martti Matheson at 802 233 3713. we can fly to your home airport in our A-36. Thanks in advance!

I am in KGBR (western Mass) and have a C340A if you would like a ride.
      Let me know if your interested.
      Send me a pm
      Cheers Richard

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.