GoPro Camera Mount "Certified"

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics GoPro Camera Mount "Certified"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rtowe
    Participant

For all you GoPro camera junkies, ran across this mount today while browsing the internet. Look’s like most Twin Cessna’s are on the STC AML…Check it out…

http://www.airbornesensor.com/index.html

bthomason
      Participant
        quote RTOWE:

For all you GoPro camera junkies, ran across this mount today while browsing the internet. Look’s like most Twin Cessna’s are on the STC AML…Check it out…

What a coincidence. I just happened to get my GoPro today! But, hey, the 303 is not on this STC list….bummer.

rtowe
        Participant

Yeah, I know, me too, I emailed them already asking if it could be added 😆

Does the price of $1,700 seem a little high to anyone? Yes, the 1,700 includes 1 camera…. But still?

I used a stick-on mount (which came with my Go Pro) to film my buddy flying for 45 minutes of hard aerobatics in an Extra 300 with Patty Wagstaff 2 Fridays ago and it worked like a champ!

Let me know if you’re interested in the video and ill post a link.

Glenn

quote JTurner1:

Does the price of $1,700 seem a little high to anyone? Yes, the 1,700 includes 1 camera…. But still?

I used a stick-on mount (which came with my Go Pro) to film my buddy flying for 45 minutes of hard aerobatics in an Extra 300 with Patty Wagstaff 2 Fridays ago and it worked like a champ!

Glenn

Yes indeed!

quote BThomason:

quote RTOWE:

What a coincidence. I just happened to get my GoPro today! But, hey, the 303 is not on this STC list….bummer.

I am on the list already, write them an Email, if we are two they may move on the T303 version quicker….

rtowe
          Participant
            quote JTurner1:

Glenn

Well, in the camera mount/pod world, this is by far the least expensive I have ever seen. “Good ain’t cheap and cheap ain’t good!”

Yes, you can do that stick mount or even stick the snap in connectors right on the airplane and we did it on our YAK52 but, it was experimental category and yes, we did rolls and aerobatics too. I guess the purpose of this product is for certified aircraft. We have the GoPro Hero3 with the iPhone App that you can remotely view and start & stop and so, IMO, I think this would be a great product for many reasons.

rtowe
            Participant
              quote RZIEGLER:

quote BThomason:

quote RTOWE:

I am on the list already, write them an Email, if we are two they may move on the T303 version quicker….

They responded and will add the 303 to the list the next time they submit to the FAA. Who know’s how long that will be but, he said he would email me, I offered him a Beta test airplane, we’ll see what happens…

quote RTOWE:

quote JTurner1:

Glenn

Well, in the camera mount/pod world, this is by far the least expensive I have ever seen. “Good ain’t cheap and cheap ain’t good!”

Yes, you can do that stick mount or even stick the snap in connectors right on the airplane and we did it on our YAK52 but, it was experimental category and yes, we did rolls and aerobatics too. I guess the purpose of this product is for certified aircraft. We have the GoPro Hero3 with the iPhone App that you can remotely view and start & stop and so, IMO, I think this would be a great product for many reasons.

Robert,

I spent some time on their website and I have come around to think that their price is fairly reasonable….. the website talks about what they went through from an engineering perspective and the value of having a durable, well engineered mount that has the STC…. which sounds like it was a tough process. I might spring for it after I get a few other projects done.

I love the Go Pro. What are you guys doing to mount the Gopro inside the cockpit? Right now I am using the clamp mount…. but it vibrates quite a bit and slips a little.

Glenn

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.