Going for a RV 12

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics Going for a RV 12

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My wife is going to kill me. I am buying a RV 12 kit and plan to build it at home.

The idea to build it has been always in my mind. I think I will learn a lot about how every airplane is built, and think one day it could save my life.

I know I can get a good 182 for that money but I want to build it.

I flew one RV 12, and it is the easiest airplane I had flown. Cruises around 105 KTAS. Not bad. You can take the wings off and take it home!

Anyone with this experience?

Of course I am keeping the 340.

Have fun on the build! I have the dream of rebuilding a 421 to my specifications one day.

Just don’t become one of those RV pilots who goes out and does stupid things. They have a disproportionate number of irresponsible pilots in their group.

rtowe
    Participant

My friend John has this business called homebuilt help. I highly recommend the purchase of his video’s for building one of these kits. He has the RV-12 among others that you can purchase from his website. He also has video’s on how to license the airplane, Weight & Balance, etc..He is on our field in the Winter and then back in Wisconsin in the summer…

http://www.homebuilthelp.com/

quote RTOWE:

My friend John has this business called homebuilt help. I highly recommend the purchase of his video’s for building one of these kits. He has the RV-12 among others that you can purchase from his website. He also has video’s on how to license the airplane, Weight & Balance, etc..He is on our field in the Winter and then back in Wisconsin in the summer…

http://www.homebuilthelp.com/

Good tip on the videos.

I had an RV-4 in the building process at home 20 years ago (seems like yesterday). I bought books and videos and they were incredibly helpful. The rest of the story with that kit is another story but Van does kits right. An RV-8 is now on my to-do list as I still have the bug to build.

I built this plane, it was fun to build but scary to fly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.