G600 Gad43e and Cessna 800B AP

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Avionics Topics G600 Gad43e and Cessna 800B AP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Here is my discussion with Trek on Beechtalk today:

Hi trek,

Quick question? When will the Cessna 800B Autopilot be certified for the G600? I understand some folks have gotten field approvals, but the rest of the fleet is awaiting better integration. We are installing a G600/dual GTN 750/GTS 800/GWX 70 in our recently purchased Cessna 421C. We sold our Bonanza this month and we had the G500/GTN 750/650 combo that ran beautifully through the Gad43–KFC 150 Autopilot

Hello Martti,
    This is planned for the GDU 6.20 release late this year. this will only be for gyro emulation and not altitude preselect.

Best Regards,

Martti,
    Could you ask Trek when the Stormscope WX-500 interface for the G600 might become available? I’ve got a pending upgrade planned and I don’t want to use up all my available ports on the 530/430 if the G600 interface is available in the near future.

Thanks!

quote MMatheson1:

Here is my discussion with Trek on Beechtalk today:

I understand some folks have gotten field approvals, but the rest of the fleet is awaiting better integration. We are installing a G600/dual GTN 750/GTS 800/GWX 70 in our recently purchased Cessna 421C.

Martti,

What is the “better integration” you refer to? I am one who has a 400B with a field approval; I don’t think it could work any better than it does now.

Jim

VS and altitude preselect driven by the G600

quote MMatheson1:

VS and altitude preselect driven by the G600

Yep, that will not happen with v6.20. But, I don’t think VS will work with the 400 AP as it was not a function of the system. Maybe it is on the 800, I don’t know.

The pre-select should work with the GAD43E. I was going to work on this but the Govt Shut-Down stopped the consideration during my recent work. Not off the table yet to get this done by field approval.

I thought I would miss the Pre-Select more than I have. The tone @ 200′ +/- is unique, plus I never trusted it to level off -especially on an approach. But, I still desire to have this back, it is on my to-do list.

I had planned to install a S-Tec AP but after discussing this with others, I opted to keep my AP (sans pre-select) as it worked very well. I used the $AMU’s to buy the GWX70 radar.

My avionics guy spoke with Garmin today and they are planning on adding alt/vs preselect to the mix in the near future. Gyro emulation in the next release, “later this year”. We are going to pre-wire for the Gad43e and then install and connect it once garmin publishes the wiring diagrams and releases the software update(s). Let’s see what develops.

Looks like this is close…..Garmin bulletin is to be released soon, #1367

Details –

· Approval of GAD 43e emulation of the KAS 297 altitude preselector (for interface with KFC 200/250 Autopilots).

· RVSM approval of the TBM 700 aircraft with the G600 system.

· Approval of flight director display functionality with Century IV/41/2000 autopilot.

· GDU 620 v6.21 that prevents loss of heading/attitude during slow extended flight.

· Approval of SVT flight director display with Cessna 300B, 400B and 800B autopilots currently approved under the STC.

· Approval of the GAD 43e gyro emulation for Cessna 400B/800B/1000 IFCS autopilots.

· Interface to the Garmin GWX 70 radar – Includes only Garmin GWX 68 radar emulation, providing similar functionality as the GWX 68 interface currently approved under the STC.

· Interface to the Garmin GNC 255 series navigation receiver.

· GAD 43e interface to an existing KDM 706(A) DME.

· Removal of the notation that the GAD 43e bootstrap heading output interface does not function with certain gyro emulation settings.

· Addition of optional KA 185 annunciator connections to the KFC 150 autopilot Altitude Preselect / Vertical Speed Select interface. This project considers the KA 185 to be installed prior or concurrent under separate airworthiness. This project does NOT provide installation approval of the KA 185.

· Various bug fixes including Glide-slope deviation correction, KN-63 parallel DME tuning, flagging levels for AA-100 and AA-100A radar altimeters, a potential flash data corruption issue, and an increases in the METAR buffer size.

That’s excellent!

Bulletin just released!
    http://garmin.blogs.com/aviationalerts/service-document-notifications/
    We ordered the Gad43e box today. 3 week lead time from Garmin. Hopefully the alt/vs preselect is added soon.

Wonderful… well, I JUST had my G600 upgraded to v6.11. Oh well, nothing in the new version effects anything else in my 340. I’m waiting for Garmin to announce the WX-500 interface for the G600.

Does this have to be the GAD 43e or will it work with the GAD 43?

Chris,

Looks like it works with both. I think the 43e will have the future alt/vs preselect capacity.
    “Gyro emulation for Cessna 300B/400B/800B/1000 autopilot systems using GAD 43/43e”

That might be worth the upgrade. 🙂

So glad to see this finally here!!! To those of you who have had field approvals, do you already have the altitude pre-select enabled or is that pending the next software release?

quote agutierrez:

So glad to see this finally here!!! To those of you who have had field approvals, do you already have the altitude pre-select enabled or is that pending the next software release?

Alex,

I think I could have added this piece, but at the time the government was shut down and so was the FSDO. I wanted my plane back so it was put on hold. I do have the provisions for this in place and it is on my list to get done in the next 3 months.

I still want it as I did have it before, but I am not missing it as I though I would. The 200′ ALT chimes from the G500 are so noticeable, and the only time that sound is heard is altitude related.

Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.