Feedback Needed!

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section General Topics Feedback Needed!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christian Pancake
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

We are in the process of doing a “major overhaul” (fun, pilot joke for everyone) of TCF and it’s infrastructure, resources, etc. Now that we are completing our second full year of operating the organization, we are ready to finally work on one of our important long term goals….to take the organization to the next level!

In order to do this right, and ensure we are focused on the most important and useful things, we want your feedback. How and what, can we improve as an organization to better serve you all and to provide you more resources to keep you safe. We are open to all feedback and ideas and are hoping to specifically to get the best idea on the following:

1. Resources you’d like to see that we don’t have now, and what things need improved?

2. Ways we can improve your user experience…whether that is our online infrastructure, communication structure, resources usability, etc. We want to know how to make it easy to find and use the information your need!

3. New events, content, or services we could provide to create more value out of your membership.

Ideas DO NOT need to be limited to the above topics, but these are good thought provoking ideas to help you all. We truly appreciate everyone and are excited to rollout and showcase “Twin Cessna Flyer 2.0” early next year, with all of your thoughts and idea’s incorporated!

adellechiaie1
      Participant

Marla how can we search the forums?

Christian Pancake
        Participant

Hello,

The forum search feature was temporarily turned off as we worked on some updates after our rollout to improve our speed and other features. Expect that to come back online no later than tomorrow. As we continue to try and make updates and changes in an orderly and prioritized fashion, overall experience will improve. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly if you any further questions at christian@tas-aviation.com or 419.979.6039.

Thanks!

jde-smedt1
          Participant

– user profile links don’t work
            – private messages feature seems to have been completely gone?
            – need an easy one click link to access the list of active/newest topics
            – forum loads very slowly/sluggishly

Christian Pancake
            Participant

Thank you!

I will put these on our list, as we continue to work through updates. The speed should increase for everyone over the next 24 hours or so, mine has already increased significantly and that will get better for everyone over time. Also, for the time being, we have added a link to the “Forum” dropdown called “Latest Topics” that categorize by the most recent posts. We hope that will help as we work on additional features to get things back to the way they were.

Thanks,

Christian

adancy1
              Participant

I usually check the forums by looking at “Unread Posts”. I do not see that feature on the new forum.

Doug McQueen
                Participant

Hi Christian,

I also agree that the new forum lacks the basic functionality that is expected on a useful Internet message board.

Need to be able to have a “quick view” of new threads and recent posts.

Also, need to be able to customize your avatar and signature on the message board so that other users can easily see where you are located and what type of airplane you have. Simply having usernames makes the message board feel anonymous and distant.

My suggestion would be to host the forum on one of the better established message board engines that has the functionality that typical users would expect. It’s pretty difficult to develop an in-house product that can function as well as the long established forums.

Thanks,

Doug

twenck1
                  Participant

I like the visual content of the new site. The Forum is close, needs a search function AND a button that sorts just new posts since my last login. Most other forums have that feature and it’s a really convenient way to see just what’s new since last login, whether than was a day ago or a week. Thanks for your efforts.

Doug McQueen
                    Participant

Also, an “Edit” function for posts might be useful, particularly for the OP – original poster.  Particularly with technical subjects, we may find that we mis-stated some primary information, and rather than sorting through posts to correct the original mistake, an edit button would sort that out.

Thanks.

rwelsh
                      Participant

Today Feb 12th, it took 14 seconds to send a 10 word Post Reply.
                        Dick Welsh

rwelsh
                        Participant

Today Feb, 16th, it took 19 seconds just to submit a post.  Also the forum is upside down as the current posts should be at the top not the bottom of a thread. Your work on the Forum is amaturish at the least and awful at the worst.  You need someone else to fix it. I hope you take this personally as you seem to be the voice of this messup.

Dick Welsh

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.