Dimmer Rheostats

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Dimmer Rheostats

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

One of the slider dimmers on my 340 has gotten loose to the point it slides down in flight. However, it still functions otherwise.

Can I do something to increase its friction? Or can I replace each dimmer switch individually?

I’m sure they aren’t cheap as a unit.

cochrane
    Participant

After this many years I think they are probably worn out. Mine were loose and would not make uniform contact even after cleaning.

I purchased all new slide potentiometers from Cessna through Lane Aviation in Columbus, Ohio. The price was quite reasonable (~ $10 each). I considered purchasing equivalent parts from one manufacturer, CTS Electronic Components, but the price was not that much lower.

The Cessna P/N is CM3535-2 and Lane’s number is 1-800-848-6263 if you care to check with them.

One part that I couldn’t find was the rubber tip to fit over the actuating lever – if anyone finds a source for those I would like to know.

Geoff

Thanks! I’ll definitely give him a call.

I know my sliders just have the white rubber toggle switch covers, like the ones JTA sells. The previous owner put new ones on. Looks pretty good, but I don’t know what I’m missing…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.