De Ice system

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Classic 310’s De Ice system

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I just purchase a C310 i in Europe, FAA registered, without any deice system, neither on props or wings or windshield.
    I would like to know if it’s possible to install a deice system on the wing, windshield ? didn’t find any STC.

For more exposure, you may want to post this in other forum sections, like maintenance, and operational. This forum is mostly for early classic 310’s of the 50’s, which yours is not based on your photos. Be sure to indicate what year model you are flying.

Good luck!

Guy

There have been de-ice systems available in the past for those. Our N model has boots and hot props, but nothing for the windshield. I have no experience with installing de-ice, though, and so I’m not sure if these STCs are still supported.

Typically, my advice has been if you want de-ice, buy a plane with it already installed.

This would be better in the Maintenance section. Is Bob able to move threads? Actually, it looks like I can move it but don’t want to without approval.

Yes, need to move it to maintenance.

This Cessna is a 310 i YOM 1964

rwelsh
    Participant

Unless the plane had boots and other deice items at one time and the plumbing is still internal, I can’t imagine what it would take to get the pieces together short of getting a wreck and transferrring all the parts. And tehn there is the FAA issue which might be unsurmountable at the present time. As someone else said, buy it already in place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.