De-Ice Electrical Circuitry

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Classic 310’s De-Ice Electrical Circuitry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I tried my de-ice lights the other day on our 1961 C-310F and they don’t work, so I ordered new bulbs from Aircraft Spruce and they still don’t work. The airplane has the alcohol props (currently inop and will stay that way), and is plumbed for boots, but currently has no boots and won’t as long as I own it.

As I looked at the CB panel, I don’t see any label that says that the de-ice lights are wired through any specific CB on the panel.

When I looked in the illustrated parts list and Service Manual, there was very little info about this circuitry.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Butch

P.S. After a little more effort (my wife gets the credit for this one) the wire to the wing de-ice light was not soldered very well. After some new solder and a new bulb, she works as advertised, but I still can’t figure out what CB the power comes from, but now I don’t care.

Butch

P.S.S. I also discovered there is only one wing de-ice light which of course is on the left side.

Doug Deno
    Participant

I think its this one labled LEFT WING LIGHT and DEICE

The power runs from the c/b down to the LEFT WING LIGHT toggle switch, to the left junction box and than out to the light switch.

My plane has anti ice props as well and on my first annual I took the alcohol tank and pump out. I believe the only ANTI ICE circuit on my plane wired to the ANTI ICE c/b was the prop alcohol pump, I dont have boots but that would be DE-ICE not anti.. that must be it. Wonder what else is on that DEICE c/b? Have to open the wiring book again.

Attachments:

Thanks Doug.

Butch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.