Cowl Flap knob

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Cowl Flap knob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The cowl flap knobs under my quadrant are looking a little beat up so I was going to replace them but… they are $175 each from Cessna 😯
    Does anyone know of a PMA or replacement that will work. The Cessna part numbers are 0850527-2 which is superseced by 561-154-001.

Thanks

I painted them and look really good.

Rodolfo
    1978 340A Ram VII

quote RENRIQUEZ:

I painted them and look really good.

Rodolfo
    1978 340A Ram VII

Are yours the newer metal ones or the older plastic units? Mine are the older plastic and I did paint them but they still look old.

I have the original plastic ones. I took them off (it is really easy) to paint them with spray, and have been looking great for a long time. I did the same to the fuel selectors knobs, and all the knobs at the altimeters, DG… in the instrument panel.
    Now, I am looking to paint the Oxigen and Parking Brake knobs, but I am afraid to take them off and make some damage to them because I think they are more difficult to remove. We have to keep our Twin Cessnas looking perfect, I think.

Rodolfo
    1978 340A RAM VII

Doug,

I forgot to tell you that I removed the original paint first with nail paint remover (acetone) that I borrowed from my wife. Then I hold the knobs on sticks to spray them.

Rodolfo
    1978 340A RAM VII

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.