Cost to Refurbish Interior of C340

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Cost to Refurbish Interior of C340

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rstanley
    Participant

I am considering completely refurbishing the interior of my 1977 C340
      Can you please share the cost the costs and specifications that you had within the last several years?
      Any advice would be appreciated ?
      Thanks
      Richard

John Dyer
      Participant

For a custom interior I’d guess $20-30k, maybe more if you go super high end (all new wood veneers, diamond stitching, etc.). You might be able to do it for less money if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and coordinate with a local automotive interior shop. You’ll likely need a A&P log book entry for the new interior. The most important thing is the fabric selected comes with burn certificates, if you use new seat belts that they conform to TSO certifications, and the seats removed are re-installed correctly, which is what the A&P signing off will likely want to see.

rstanley
        Participant

Thanks John
          Do you have clarification of the A&P sign off ?

John Dyer
          Participant

I’m not sure if a logbook entry is legally required, I do think having materials that conform to FAA burn requirements is the big sticking point.  Most of the aviation leather/fabric providers already have burn certs they can provide you such as SCS, etc. That said, here is the logbook entry that was provided to me when I did my interior at Duncan Interiors in KLAL back in 2017.

“Aircraft interior was removed, reupholstered and re-installed. All materials used in this aircraft meets or exceeds F.A.R. requirements, verified by certificates of conformance forms provided and on file at Duncan Interiors. All upholstery work done on seats, side panels, headliner & carpets done by Mike Duncan of Duncan Interiors.” then signed by a A&P (who was not Mike Duncan) and his license number.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by John Dyer.
            John Dyer
            Participant

Here is logbook entry from Archer II interior back in 2015.

“Aircraft interior work preformed by Aero Trim LLC.  Replaced foam (Skandia) and recovered with leather from CC FL 12 Buttercream.  Rebuilt side panels with (Kydex) and recovered with carpet (Spectrum) and leather (same as seats).  All materials and work preformed is in accordance with Title 14 CFR Part 25 Burn Certification approved and Maintenance AC 43.13.”  Then signed off by A&P.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by John Dyer.
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.