Circuit Breaker for Courtesy Lights

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Circuit Breaker for Courtesy Lights

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    rstanley
    Participant

I was working on the courtesy light in my wing locker.
      I must have shorted out the circuit.
      Now NONE of the courtesy lights are working.
      Can anyone tell me where this circuit breaker may be ?
      Thanks
      Richard

Richard,

Others can probably vector you in closer. But, there is a fuse for those lights under the panel where the battery is. It is not a circuit breaker but a fuse between the battery and the light circuit.

Jim

In the 421 it’s on the left CB panel under my left elbow. Dunno where it is on the 340, so I likely just wasted some bytes!

However… I generally have the courtesy light CB pulled yet the wing locker light still operates. Not sure why that is…

Robert

quote RSTANLEY:

I was working on the courtesy light in my wing locker.
      I must have shorted out the circuit.
      Now NONE of the courtesy lights are working.
      Can anyone tell me where this circuit breaker may be ?
      Thanks
      Richard

The fuse block on my 310 was located behind an access plate, lots of screws, bottom side of the left wing, below and behind the battery box. I understand it’s fuses on a hot battery bus, so best make sure those lights are off when not in use.

quote RCJOHNSON:

In the 421 it’s on the left CB panel under my left elbow. Dunno where it is on the 340, so I likely just wasted some bytes!

However… I generally have the courtesy light CB pulled yet the wing locker light still operates. Not sure why that is…

Robert

This is been a very interesting matter over the years. I will look at Twin Cessna Answers book. I think I saw something about this.

What? You Twin Cessna owners do not have the book? You better buy one.

rstanley
      Participant
        quote RENRIQUEZ:

quote RCJOHNSON:

Robert

This is been a very interesting matter over the years. I will look at Twin Cessna Answers book. I think I saw something about this.

I do have the books but as you know it is almost impossible to find what your looking for !!!
        I have both the Maintenance and Parts Manual on my iPad at all times

quote RSTANLEY:

quote RENRIQUEZ:

quote RCJOHNSON:

Robert

I do have the books but as you know it is almost impossible to find what your looking for !!!
        I have both the Maintenance and Parts Manual on my iPad at all times

I found this but it is for the 400 series and could be the same:

From the battery a short jumper goes to a 5 amp breaker (non-pullable CB 64) located next to the battery box. From this breaker, the wire splits and goes to the left wing locker (switch and light)…

It comes in page 3-17 at Twin Cessna Answers book. But then it comes with a long description. If you have the book you can read it. If not let me know and I will write it for you.

rstanley
        Participant

Rodolfo
          I am not familiar with the Cessna Answer Book
          Where is it available ?
          Richard

quote RSTANLEY:

Rodolfo
          Where is it available ?
          Richard

+1 on the “Answer Book” and where to get one.

Richard,

If you look on Sheet 10 & 15 of section 14 you will see the fuse – F9. I don’t know how to read the schematics well (no idea of where it is) but it is in the same bay that the battery is located, I have been in there before. Just like the “answer book” says.

Jim

Here is a reference with the fuses for the 340 listed and a photo of the fuse bay that Jim was referring to. It is located on the underside of the left wing behind the battery box. I am not sure which one of the four fuses is F9 but it is a 5 amp, 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ (MDX5).

Geoff

quote RSTANLEY:

Rodolfo
          Where is it available ?
          Richard

They have it, and other great books for us, at the OnLine Store right here at The twin Cessna Flyer home page.
          I bought them all.

On the 310R, there’s a fuse accessible by a rectangular panel under the left wing near the battery box. There is a line of 4 fuses in there. One of them is for courtesy lights.

I had a switch go bad (the panel wing walk light switch) and cause that fuse to blow repeatedly until it was replaced.

Cheers,

Doug

Thanks for the heads up on the book. I did’nt know we had a store!

Rocky

Richard,

Where did you get a scanned version of the maintenance manual?

I have a printed one.

Rocky

rstanley
          Participant
            quote RHill2:

Richard,

Where did you get a scanned version of the maintenance manual?

I have a printed one.

Rocky

Rocky
            Yes I do.
            Would you like a copy ?
            If so send me your email address.
            Richard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.