C-414 short field performance

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Operational Issues C-414 short field performance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Operating a 1974 C414 with a Ram VI conversation and no STOL kit. Wanted your guy’s opinion/experience about operating this airplane out of a short field. What’s the shortest field anybody has flown in/out of? (Comfortable or not). Although I am mainly concerned about the short nosed 414 I am open for experience in other Twin Cessnas as well. I think I remember seeing a post like this in the past, but I could not find it.

Thanks

I have no experience with the 414 but I am comfortable operating our 421 out of 2800 feet of grass with asphalt on each end for run up as long as it is lightly loaded. I have posted my short field procedures on here before and I am assuming that they would work for the 414 as well. I would think that VG’s would be a must if you don’t already have them.

quote CFERGUSON:

I have no experience with the 414 but I am comfortable operating our 421 out of 2800 feet of grass with asphalt on each end for run up as long as it is lightly loaded. I have posted my short field procedures on here before and I am assuming that they would work for the 414 as well. I would think that VG’s would be a must if you don’t already have them.

The easiest way to find posts from a specific person is to click on their name, and then search prior posts (upper right). His post from Nov 10,2012 on short field operations was excellent. I am including the link here: https://www.twincessna.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=811&p=4599#p4599

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.