Blue Propeller Knobs

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Classic 310’s Blue Propeller Knobs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I saw a picture of a female owner sitting in her 310R on one of the mags recently and noticed that she had blue propeller knobs on her prop controls. I would love to change my black knobs to blue.

Does anyone know where I could get these? I tried McFarlane etc. but could not find any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hugh

I think someone reported just painting the black ones blue on here. Not sure when it was.

I painted mine blue last year. Bottle of Rustoleum did the trick. I think it looks much nicer that way, not to mention aids in identifying the knobs properly.

jreynolds
    Participant

The TTCF issue you are referring to is October 2013 where the 310 cockpit was the cover photo. Inside, the article related to the cover photo was “From Pinch Hitter To Private Pilot” written by Bill Whiteford. I was thinking the same thing.

It’s a beautifully upgraded and detailed 310R panel. Maybe you can track down Bill through the website since he is a TTCF member, or contact Bob Thomason, the TTCF Editor, who may be able to get you connected to Bill to get more information.

I would love to see a story on his 310 upgrade/restoration. Looks like a brand new plane.

I asked my workshop to do it, as for me, props must be blue to avoid any confusion in case I need feather the propeller.

They ‘ve done it for free.

bwhiteford
      Participant

Hugh:

We just painted them. Actually saw a picture of another plane where the owner painted theirs. We just removed them which was easy and used a scotchbrite pad to roughen up the plastic surface to allow for good paint adherence. Choose your color. Go easy with the paint. You may need to paint many layers as the plastic can cause it to run easily. Funny how a small item can help bring a panel around. We have enjoyed ours a lot.

Bill

Just “upgraded” to blue prop levers thanks to Rust-Oleum! Also added a bit of red to the gear safety switch cover, and some ADS-B out via Garman. Merry Christmas 42C.

Attachments:

Doug Deno
        Participant

I was looking at your panel and noticed the ammeter is showing a pretty good discharge, what was taking all that power on the ground?

Nevermind, I see you are taxiing, I thought you were sitting still in a hangar. I see the cabin air pulled out so you probly have the heater and fan on that takes some ooomph.. but your gens should be charging with the engines running not showing a 15 amp discharge?

quote BMiddleton1:

Just “upgraded” to blue prop levers thanks to Rust-Oleum! Also added a bit of red to the gear safety switch cover, and some ADS-B out via Garman. Merry Christmas 42C.

Engines were not running, think I was also troubleshooting heater issue so probably had the blower on
          and am sure the voltage was low from having everything on.
          They show a charge at idle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.