BENDIX IN-152A

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Avionics Topics BENDIX IN-152A

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I suspect my display unit is bad, goes solid green after about 10 min use.. I know I’m told it can also be the R/T unit of the radar.

I’m wanting to try and validate my display by swapping it for a known good one.

I know this will be asking alot.. Just wondering if anyone has a known good IN-152A unit I could try before I spend 400-500 on getting it replaced out the gate.

was quoted 1,000 to remove everything and just bench test it and that is a lot to just bench test things.

I’m most likely asking for a unicorn here so I understand that.. Open to advice.

Kelly
    Did you contact my radar guy, David Gardner 770-584-4760. Also, if you ship your system, ship it in two boxes. The magnetron can damage the indicator.

rwelsh
    Participant

Kelly, I have a spare RT unit you can use. Email me at dick156@earthlink.net or 760-238-8420. Dick Welsh

quote SGERBER:

Kelly
      Did you contact my radar guy, David Gardner 770-584-4760. Also, if you ship your system, ship it in two boxes. The magnetron can damage the indicator.

Hi Sandy – yes I sure did contact them. The cost of benching the unit is nearly the cost of buying a new one so my thinking was to try and validate my indicator was bad by putting in a known good one and test it, I should know within 30 min if that is the case then I can send of or buy what I need without paying 650$ + labor to remove it, to have it tested.

Send it to me and Ill bench it for free. Pack it well, you will not be disappointed.
      Don Chapel
      337-540-7830

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.