Battery Replacement

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues Battery Replacement

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

It’s time for a new battery in the 310. When the engines are warm and the battery has been on a tender, it works great. Less so when cold. Not surprising seeing as the battery is a 4+ year old Gill.

I was thinking of putting a Concord battery in. Any thoughts from the crowd on the best option?

I’m a huge fan of Concorde’s AGM and the appropriate Battery Minder. I’ve used the combination in 2 Aztecs and now the 340. Never have I had so much as a weak battery. No dealing with water/acid. No annual battery box cleanup and re-coating. Nothing. They just work. No fuss. No mess.

I like the concorde’s too. They work well, no mess, no fluid spills. They are not as tolerant of poor charging conditions (overcharging is bad) and I don’t think as recoverable if you deep discharge them. Essentially, if you manage to bake the fluid out you are done!

I think 2-3 years is plenty of use in an airplane. Then rotate them out for a build it yourself ground power unit. (plug, old battery, and small charger)

Eric

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.