Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Avionics Topics Auracle 2120

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

We have and 310J that we just updated with an Auracle 2120 and an Aspen 1500. The Auracle has an issue with calibrating fuel quantity. We have 3 original fuel sending units and one that has been overhauled. As they try to calibrate the fuel levels and add fuel, the unit reads full when the tank is 1/2 full, then returns to 0 fuel when the tank is full. Auracle says they have seen this before but can’t recall the fix. They suggested reversing the wiring, which we have already tried. Their latest is we need to replace all the fuel sending units. Bob said that he was advised this when he installed the same unit in his 303. Does anyone have a 2120 in a 310, and if so did you have this issue and how did you overcome it?

Brian

quote BENBOM:

We have and 310J that we just updated with an Auracle 2120 and an Aspen 1500. The Auracle has an issue with calibrating fuel quantity. We have 3 original fuel sending units and one that has been overhauled. As they try to calibrate the fuel levels and add fuel, the unit reads full when the tank is 1/2 full, then returns to 0 fuel when the tank is full. Auracle says they have seen this before but can’t recall the fix. They suggested reversing the wiring, which we have already tried. Their latest is we need to replace all the fuel sending units. Bob said that he was advised this when he installed the same unit in his 303. Does anyone have a 2120 in a 310, and if so did you have this issue and how did you overcome it?

Brian

Air Parts of Lock Haven does repairs/overhauls to the fuel senders. No need to replace.

I have the 2120 in a 310. My issue is that the fuel ran down to zero on the qty indicator in flight and then began to increase until it read full again. I believe the fix was a high resistance area on the fuel qty sender. The vibration was apparently causing this to occur. We cleaned up everything and reconnected the wires and the problem went away.

Sorry you are having trouble.

Thanks to you both! Now I know the problem can be fixed….

Brian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.