AERO-553-101-001 CO Detector

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Avionics Topics AERO-553-101-001 CO Detector

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Putting one of these in my twin.. Anyone ever used one or seen one?
    Replaces my clock and gives me built in CO detector.
    AERO-553-101-001

Kelly

I looked it up and read the installation manual, it looks like a good unit.

Be aware that there are a number of other inputs (temp, DA, bus voltage, etc.) that need to be set up correctly to get good info out of it. Your avionics guy should be able to do all this.

I’d be interested in more feedback once you start flying with it.

Butch

Thanks Butch. I actually am not that interested in the other inputs as I have them in two other places already with my setup. I have OAT and the other inputs it has on my G600 and on my Insight G4 so this would be redundant redundancy if there were such a thing.

I have asked my avionics guy to see if we can simply install it as a clock/CO unit and nothing else as the install would be simple with that solution and I don’t need the other inputs or outputs like Audio for my needs.

I’ll let you know what we find out.

sworley
    Participant

There’s another feature I’ve been looking for this thing has: audible warning when cabin altitude is above 10k! I’m interested.

I like that part for sure.. However it requires an Amp to make it work and that Amp costs a good chunk of change.

sworley
      Participant

Considering many phones can measure altitude there should be a cheap way to get that functionality. I haven’t found it yet though.

Yeah have to agree.. The audio is a problem of unswitched audio and the limited number of unswitched audio ports in the audio panel. They have to add a sum amp then re-feed all of the things into it if your out of ports on your audio panel (My case) so it still whistles at you without the audio feed out it’s just not as loud but the light flash on the front for both CO and altitude.

We are progressing with installing it in my 414 so I’ll let you know what I think about it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.