58 B model performance

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Classic 310’s 58 B model performance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Can anybody out there give me an idea of typical cruise performance numbers for the B model, i.e.. speed & ff ? In other words do the numbers come up to book? Articles I have read seem to imply they do.

Thanks,

Joel

Joel,

Mine is not technically a “B” model, but same airframe and engines. I consistently run about 5 knots below the book. I’m not at my handbooks today but it seems to me that the actual ’58 B Model handbook shows cruise numbers a little bit faster than prior models. I need to verify that. But I fail to see how that could be since nothing changed except a 100 pound increase in take-off weight.

Anyway, for me, I plan on mid to upper 160’s when running at 2300 RPM and typically 21 to 22″, or low to mid 170’s if I bump up the RPM to 2400 and same MP’s. I prefer 2300. Engines seem happier, they run a little cooler, and I can fine tune much better fuel economy. I’m all about having a plane to go places fast. But I’m willing to accept 168 knots versus 172 if it means happier engines and 3 to 4 GPH savings.

Guy

Thanks Guy,

Did you get the PM i sent you?

Joel

quote JCarter2:

Thanks Guy,

Did you get the PM i sent you?

Joel

Joel,

No I didn’t. And my screen shows no new or unread messages. So I don’t know what happened.

Try email:

guy@laniermedia.com.

Guy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.