421 JB vs. Factory Air

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Buying a Twin Cessna 421 JB vs. Factory Air

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Thoughts on JB/Keith vs. Factory Air. I’m based in Mississippi and my prior experience with a Malibu was that the biggest need for A/C was on the ground. I like the idea of an electric A/C that I can run on the ground while I’m preflighting and get the cabin less heat soaked.

Thoughts?

rtowe
    Participant
      quote CRobertson1:

Thoughts on JB/Keith vs. Factory Air. I’m based in Mississippi and my prior experience with a Malibu was that the biggest need for A/C was on the ground. I like the idea of an electric A/C that I can run on the ground while I’m preflighting and get the cabin less heat soaked.

Thoughts?

I don’t know if the 421C is similiar but, we have a T303 and it has the dual evap-electric A/C, I will just say, get at least a 100AMP or 150AMP “continuous duty” inverter(230VAC to 28VDC)(100AMP or 150AMP) to run on the ground. Ours draws exactly 100Amps through the jumper and it works good for charging and testing the A/C system on the ground too…

You will need some sort of power source to power the electric AC on the ground. So long as you have that, then absolutely, it’s a good idea. I have similar thoughts in mind on our 310.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.