421 Crossfeed & Fuel strainer drains

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Maintenance Issues 421 Crossfeed & Fuel strainer drains

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

On our original 421 (421-0064, N421BV), I am re-placarding the aircraft after a new paint job. Who can tell me which is which on the underside of the wings, between the fuselage and engine nacelles? Each side has two drains which I’m pretty sure are crossfeed and fuel strainer drains, but I have not been able to figure out which one is crossfeed drain, and which is fuel strainer drain. One is closer to the fuselage, and the other is closer to the nacelle. Thanks for any help!

rtowe
    Participant
      quote CMARSHALL:

On our original 421 (421-0064, N421BV), I am re-placarding the aircraft after a new paint job. Who can tell me which is which on the underside of the wings, between the fuselage and engine nacelles? Each side has two drains which I’m pretty sure are crossfeed and fuel strainer drains, but I have not been able to figure out which one is crossfeed drain, and which is fuel strainer drain. One is closer to the fuselage, and the other is closer to the nacelle. Thanks for any help!

The ones closest to the fuselage are crossfeed drains like most twin Cessna’s and the ones near the Nacelle should have an access panel recessed around it for easy removal to R&R the fuel strainer drain assy…

Robert,
      A belated but kind thank you for your reply. The placards are on.
      Best regards,
      Chris Marshall

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.