340 Panel complete refurbish

Home 2024 Forums Opening Section Avionics Topics 340 Panel complete refurbish

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

The wait is over and my panel is complete. I am beyond pleased with the final product. As you all know, the equipment is only a part of the equation when considering an installation. The reputation of the shop and the skill of the technicians are incredibly important. JA Air did this install and I can’t say enough good things about this group of professionals. Dave Ufen stood behind every aspect of the quote and process. Chuck and Mike did an amazing job with the installation. Actually, it wasn’t an installation at all…it was a custom, from the bottom-up transformation of our aircraft. Beyond just the quoted work, they performed a ton of little things. It’s these little things things that, in my opinion, set this organization apart.

In the panel pic, you can see equipment from Garmin, Auracle (engine management), Mid-Continent (SAM), Aspen and STec. The integration of these systems is really impressive. I couldn’t be more happy with the entire project. Thank you to all that helped.

I flew this morning with my Dad and thought I would add the pic of him next to our plane.

Attachments:

Beautiful panel, nicely done!

Very nice! How long was the airplane down for the install?

Great panel, did you get the yokes refurbished? If so where

Andrew

Great panel, very nice layout. How did they approve the SAM?

Geoff

WOW!

Guy

Absolutely beautiful, Mike. The ultimate in instrument efficiency and situational awareness! Truly the nicest GA cockpit transformation that I’ve seen! And, I’m about as picky as they come! Enjoy, my friend! Troy Talarico

Very nice Mike. Congratulations! Now it’s time to fly it… a lot!

rtowe
    Participant

Tittiiieessss 😆

quote tallen:

Very nice! How long was the airplane down for the install?

If JA did it again, they would probably be able to complete it in 90 days or so. This took a bit longer as the twin Auracle system is complex and we chose to completely re-work the lower panel as well. It was totally worth the wait.

quote ttalarico:

Absolutely beautiful, Mike. The ultimate in instrument efficiency and situational awareness! Truly the nicest GA cockpit transformation that I’ve seen! And, I’m about as picky as they come! Enjoy, my friend! Troy Talarico

Thanks Troy…very kind of you. I’m picky too and I keep looking for things that I would change if I did it again and still no wishes. Maybe later but now, I’m in heaven.

quote avann:

Great panel, did you get the yokes refurbished? If so where

Andrew

I did get the yokes refurbished. JA Air did them as part of the install but for a little extra.

quote COCHRANE:

Great panel, very nice layout. How did they approve the SAM?

Geoff

They approved and installed the SAM as certified back-up for the G500. One instrument…all required information.

quote MBUCK:

They approved and installed the SAM as certified back-up for the G500.

I have a panel waiting to go in with a SAM as the back-up device. Mid-Continent has not received approval from the FAA yet. I was curious whether they received field approval for it.

Looks amazing for sure.. I wanted to ask you what made you decide to go with Auracle (engine management) vs JPI or EI?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.